Monica's Crafts



About Me

My photo
Cortland, Ohio, United States
I married for 17 years to a wonderful husband who has supported me ever since i have been going blind and deaf. He has been at my side at the start. He helps me with my colors as i do have trouble with colors so i ask him alot which colors go together.We take care of each other as it should.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

World cardMaking Day Cards Contest




Here are the 2 cards that my husband and I entered into the contest. My husband made the christmas card with a stamp by posh impressions. he did the watercolor tech. on it by using markers on the stamp and huffing on the stamp after. then he stamped it again in versamark just on the bell clackers and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder. he used real red ink to stamp the background in a circle.
The birthday card i did for the contest. I torn pattern poaper into different sizes and inked the edges with stampin up ink. The verse I cannot remember who it is by. the candle I stamped in so saffron ink by stampin up. I used my eyelet setter for the balloon eyelet.
as you can see neither one of won, but it was our first time doing the contest. But my husband made his first card for a contest and that made me happy and thanks for dixie for showing randy on how to make a simple card he can do. since then hubby received his very first stamp set from stampin up called itty bitty backgrounds. I figured have to start him with something and might as well get him something he can use alot. :) he don't get into the mood to make a card very often but when he does I don't say no and let him make one. have to explain to him about certain things but as he goes he will come to understand and join our ranks of stamping.

2 comments:

Norma said...

very pretty card!!! Monica, stay tune for next week as I am having a cricut cartridge giveway!! Thank you for stopping by my blog!!!

Claudette said...

hey you both did for your contest entry....your husband is becoming a real stamper...:)
Good luck to the both of you!